A PICTURE IS WORTH A MILLION WORDS - YOU won't believe me until you see it
I just sold my house in Massachusetts and bought a town house in Charlotte, thinking that it would be less work to maintain with a monthly HOA fee and a property management company assuming the exterior maintenance. HA-HA- what a joke! Ive been here 4 weeks and have never done so much yard work in all my life. (I will explain i detail after the REAL problem)
The Problems---first the big one
It wasn't until I raked out the overgrown bushes that I became aware of this DISASTER!
1. My property is a brick building and has 4 units- one is vacant.
In my tiny back yard- there is a common area that has a retaining wall made of wooden planks. (common area means I do not own it falls under the "exterior maintance part of the HOA fee"
The wall is two levels high and is holding back a hill with large trees and shrubs growing out of it. Most are dead or dying. The roots of the trees are exposed. On top of the hill, situated directly above the wall is another brick building (same as my property)
When I purchased the property, the wooden planks were obstructed by overgrown bushes.
When I moved in and started raking out the bushes, what I saw was mind boggling.
The wooden planks were hollowed out and disintegrated right into my hand as I touched them. Small grey drainage stones came spilling out of the planks like a cant from a piñata.
"So thats where all those grey stones are coming from I thought" I was curious why there was no grass in the walking path. The path has evolved over 32 years and grey stones are now integral to the landscape.
NO ONE DISCLOSED THIS TO ME. THIS WALL COULD COME DOWN ANY SECOND AND DESTROY MY PROPERTY and/ or HURT OR KILLS SOMEONE! I AM NOT KIDDING!
My very best scenario is -I COULD NEVER SELL THIS- WHO WOULD BUY A LIFE THREATENING
TOWNHOUSE? Hawthorne management knew about this and chose to keep it a secret.
This is now my new career- trying to get this *** wall repaired.
When I called Hawthorne Management- no one returned my calls or emails.
On tuesday- After memorial day weekend (3 day weekend) I called at 10:30 in the morning and I was informed, my contact person who I will call "Grungetta" (but thats not her real name) had all ready left for the day! 10:30 AM- 3- day weekend- what am I missing?
When I finally spoke with Grungetta, she told me there was NO MONEY to repair the wall!
So if I don't pay my monthly fee- can tell Hawthorne Management- "Gee wiz, It seems I'm broke this month- I have no money?"
They told me the fee covers exterior maintenance- I don't even have time to finish listing the problems there are with this company! Please look at my pictures.
I was told by Grungetta that the wall was looked at by an architected and deemed "structurally sound" a year ago! OH PLAAAAALEEEEEEEEASE!!!!
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Making up rules
- Shady and no communication
- Reason of review:
- too many to list
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Professional Services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I was reading through the reviews during the process of ordering my second Craftmatic bed. Our first was a dual king in 1995. My husband and I loved..."
- "Brilliant download is a scam. When I was searching for a certain ebook, their website claimed to have it. After paying $3.00 I was redirected to their home page and..."
- "One of the new employees hired at Cat Spec Oregon OH. comes with a strong warning of Caution. She inappropriately speaks to her male married co workers. She does not..."
- "I ordered a fruit bouquet for delivery to an out of town friend, who was in the hospital. I received a call on the promised delivery day saying they..."
- "I have my home warranty with HSA. This is my home which I have purchased in July-2015 (8 years old home). In the first winter, we have started heater on..."
- "I worked for BathPlanet of Charlotte NC in Ft. Mill Sc for 3 months. They go under the name of Paradise home Improvement. They have changed their name countless times..."
- "I bought a couch from the Gardner White on Hall Road on Friday, October 21st. I scheduled a 4pm-11pm delivery for today, October 25th, since it was the earliest they..."
- "I spent $161.92 for a 'deluxe' sugar and sweet bouquet and everyone's favorite candy basket with all the up charges to be delivered for my daughters sweet 16th birthday. It..."
- "I purchased a reload it card last week. I received the message that the site needed more time to process my card... Ok, so I waited. Then for..."