Hawthorne Management - Hawthonrne-SCAM-agment "scam" is our middle name!
A PICTURE IS WORTH A MILLION WORDS - YOU won't believe me until you see it
I just sold my house in Massachusetts and bought a town house in Charlotte, thinking that it would be less work to maintain with a monthly HOA fee and a property management company assuming the exterior maintenance. HA-HA- what a joke! Ive been here 4 weeks and have never done so much yard work in all my life. (I will explain i detail after the REAL problem)
The Problems---first the big one
It wasn't until I raked out the overgrown bushes that I became aware of this DISASTER!
1. My property is a brick building and has 4 units- one is vacant.
In my tiny back yard- there is a common area that has a retaining wall made of wooden planks. (common area means I do not own it falls under the "exterior maintance part of the HOA fee"
The wall is two levels high and is holding back a hill with large trees and shrubs growing out of it. Most are dead or dying. The roots of the trees are exposed. On top of the hill, situated directly above the wall is another brick building (same as my property)
When I purchased the property, the wooden planks were obstructed by overgrown bushes.
When I moved in and started raking out the bushes, what I saw was mind boggling.
The wooden planks were hollowed out and disintegrated right into my hand as I touched them. Small grey drainage stones came spilling out of the planks like a cant from a piñata.
"So thats where all those grey stones are coming from I thought" I was curious why there was no grass in the walking path. The path has evolved over 32 years and grey stones are now integral to the landscape.
NO ONE DISCLOSED THIS TO ME. THIS WALL COULD COME DOWN ANY SECOND AND DESTROY MY PROPERTY and/ or HURT OR KILLS SOMEONE! I AM NOT KIDDING!
My very best scenario is -I COULD NEVER SELL THIS- WHO WOULD BUY A LIFE THREATENING
TOWNHOUSE? Hawthorne management knew about this and chose to keep it a secret.
This is now my new career- trying to get this *** wall repaired.
When I called Hawthorne Management- no one returned my calls or emails.
On tuesday- After memorial day weekend (3 day weekend) I called at 10:30 in the morning and I was informed, my contact person who I will call "Grungetta" (but thats not her real name) had all ready left for the day! 10:30 AM- 3- day weekend- what am I missing?
When I finally spoke with Grungetta, she told me there was NO MONEY to repair the wall!
So if I don't pay my monthly fee- can tell Hawthorne Management- "Gee wiz, It seems I'm broke this month- I have no money?"
They told me the fee covers exterior maintenance- I don't even have time to finish listing the problems there are with this company! Please look at my pictures.
I was told by Grungetta that the wall was looked at by an architected and deemed "structurally sound" a year ago! OH PLAAAAALEEEEEEEEASE!!!!
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Making up rules
- Shady and no communication
- Reason of review:
- too many to list
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Professional Services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I was a model for Colby Models and Ryan Colby for 3 years. I never met anyone who made more than $100.00 total after being with them for 3 years...."
- "Nine9 was once One Source Talent. Same company..... Same employees.... Same SCAM. :-( I went to one of their cattle calls a couple years ago. Showed up, watched some movie with..."
- "I signed up for Thumbtack exactly 18 days ago. I submitted 21 detailed quotes to 21 leads I received throughout those 18 days. Usually I received about 3-15 leads every..."
- "DO NOT USE! Our experience with Bruno and LKN Custom Hardwoods was horrible. The quality of work should be embarrassing. 1) Splintered cuts and gaps, with excessive wood fill 2)..."
- ""This company is a scam. BEWARE PARENTS. We had the Full Refund Protection for $150 - but they do not honor it. I signed my daughter up for a trip to..."
- "I used your cleaner conditioner..it did not clean my straps if any thing it made them darker and it now has a dry feel to it..I have called the MK..."
- "Well i find out today, 3 of the 4 refunds were made, but nit quite sure when theyll reach my bank!! As far as me NOT GETTING my mdse., i..."
- "I bought a $14.00 pair of earrings that looked beautiful on their website. They looked stunning, and I was so excited to get them. I got them in the mail..."
- "I paid 317.99$ for 2 tickets on Online City Tickets. Finally the real value for each ticket was 52.75$ per ticket. I paid more than 200$ more that it actually..."